Monday, August 14, 2006

Trash Talk

la commish would like to go on record as having a filthy mouth. the dirtier the word, the more it should be repeated (preferably into the ear of another good-looking & consenting adult.)


keeping that in mind, the following article caught my eye while i was surfing the web at work in an attempt to figure out what the x's and o's stand for.

mangold's sister following in his footsteps:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5836780?FSO1&ATT=HCP>1=8485

in this article about new york jets center nick mangold's football-playing sister holley, she says: "I have a lot of people come up to me and ask since I play football am I a feminist?" Holley said. "No, not at all. I don't think, 'I am woman hear me roar.' It was simply because football is one of the greatest sports there is and if I can keep doing it like my brother, that would be amazing."

your commish asks herself one more time--what's so offensive about the word feminist? isn't it as simple as: if you believe that women should be afforded the same rights as men (such as to play the high school sport of your choice if you're good enough to make the team), then you're a feminist? this country is so confused....

politics aside, kudos to holly. i wonder if she'd also like to play in the -mono.league-?....

2 comments:

jacob said...

You whisper any dirty things in my ear, you won't need the internet to know what the X's and O's are for.

jacob said...

Oh wait I skimmed over the "good-looking" part.

So I guess I'll just tell you, the X's represent defensive players and the O's represent offensive players when the coaches draw out plays for the quarterbacks to ignore.